Saturday, July 17, 2010

Is Spring Coming to Te Anau???

Today is Saturday 17 July and look at what I have found in my garden! I guess this must mean that spring is coming or maybe its here!

Because today is Saturday and the weather was fantastic, everyone was out in their gardens pruning the roses, mulching the ground and having a general tidy up.

Everyone I have spoken to on my walk today remarked on how little snow was on the tops because of the warmth of the sun in the last few weeks (which is a shame for Queenstown but great news for us!)

The school holidays have just finished and everyone will be going home to great memories of Te Anau and our delicious spring weather!

Please note the soil in my garden - it is DRY! It has been many weeks since we have seen the rain. We just need a bit of rain for the garden, the lake and the waterfalls in Fiordland - then everyone will be happy!












4 comments:

  1. How nice to get some springbulbs flowering already! At our elevation here at the Barnyard Backpackers, bulbs are up, but no sign flowers just yet. However, Witchhazel is out in bloom, flowers set on naked branches, with their delicate perfume....
    These early garden treasures to lift our spirits...
    Hoping for another nice day today and we should expect some rain tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suze, great to see you on blogger! You're doing a great job, onya grrl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeni, I do have to keep at it, its not like Facebook is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Inge, I just love Witchhatzel! Gloria Lindsay in Manapouri used to have it and grew into a tree almost, in fact I think it is still there!

    ReplyDelete